The BMX East Coaching team are now offering Development Centre Coaching sessions (formally Club Cluster Training) to all BMX East Club members. There will be two sessions per venue. Session one will be for riders aged between 13-18 (born 2001-2006) and session two will be for riders aged between 8-12 (born 2007-2011) who have completed a full regional series (minimum 5 rounds). Riders who have been involved in the RSR in 2018, but are not aged 13 and over will be able to attend session one.
The sessions will be open to riders from all clubs regardless of venue and will include flat skills, track work and give advice on goal setting, race strategy, nutrition, bike set up, training and give individual feedback on what each rider needs to work on for their personal development plan.
The sessions will be delivered by Julian Allen (Jools) and Gavin Stokes from XLR8 Bike School/Braintree BMX Club in partnership with the club coaches from the host club and around the region. Jools and Gav have been involved with the RSR pathway since 2011 and have a wealth of experience in rider development and progression.
The sessions will be monthly from November to February (4 sessions) and riders will benefit from attending all the sessions to build their personal development plan for the season ahead and to improve their skill sets and racing strategies.
Registration is online only and closes on 16th November for session 1 at Peterborough. There are two links, one for each session so please make sure you click the right link for the age of your rider.
The venues are:
· Peterborough – 24th November
· Braintree – 8th December
· Royston – 19th January
· Norwich – 23rd February
The following will apply to all riders:
· All riders must have a willingness to progress.
· All riders must have a suitable level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
· All riders should have a well maintained bike, ready for a session and have the appropriate tools to carry out any repairs that may occur
· All riders will bring with them both flat and clipless pedals and shoes and can change their own pedals (13-18’s)
· All riders are using flat pedals (8-12’s)
· All riders must have their own race kit and protective clothing for each session.
· All riders can bring their own kit bag and equipment needed for the session.
Please reply to all with any questions so we’re all on the same page.
Catch up soon.
Mob – 07921 827670
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org