BMX racing is to be included in the 2021 Youth Sports Trust School Games, held at Loughborough University / Derby BMX track 3rd – 5th September 2021 for the fist time, and BMX East will be running a selection process to enter a team.
This event will pitch the best British riders from across the five BMX English regions, Scotland, Wales and Ulster against each other to crown one region the British Cycling Inter-Regional BMX champions.
A short video of what you can expect from the 2021 School Games can be seen here:
The key info for riders so far is:
• For riders to be considered, they must be in categories 14 or 15 in 2021.
• There will be no costs on English regions to take part in this event, this event is funded by Sport England – this includes Loughborough University accommodation, food and travel cost.
• Regional teams will provide one suitable van for the transport of all bikes and equipment, and the team will travel together (dependent on restrictions). Info for parental attendance will follow in due course.
• Each team will consist of 6 riders (3 male and 3 female athletes), 1 male & 1 female non-travelling reserve should also be selected. Riders should be selected using a fair transparent process with clear selection criteria.
• All male and female riders must be age group 14 and 15 in 2021.
• Each rider must hold an active British Cycling BMX race license.
More details on the competition format will be communicated shortly, the current proposed event will involve two days of racing, this schedule is still TBC:
Day 1 – Loughborough University Campus
Day 2 – Derby BMX Track
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the lead regional coach – Julian Allen from XLR8 Bike School,